Friday, March 2, 2012

Results of the Deep River Contest

So many probably don't know but I submitted my story to the Deep River Contest. Out of over 400 manuscripts submitted to the Deep River Contest, mine was not among the 4 to receive an award, which was not surprising. I understood that it was my first endeavor submitting anywhere, and the writing journey often is long.

However, it was discouraging in the sense that I had no idea how I placed. Whether the judges took one look at my proposal and threw it out, whether they began reading and dismissed it, or whether it held its own and was seriously considered. I told the Lord how difficult it was not knowing what stage my work is at, not knowing if it's in good shape for publishers or whether it still needs a lot of work.

A few days later, I received the following from the publisher: "Dear, Rachael, I wanted to be the first to Congratulate you! Your manuscript received 'Honorable Mention' in the 2011-12 Deep River Books Writer's Contest. And while you did not win first place, 'Honorable Mention' is a significant achievement when you consider there were over 400 contest entries. You are to be applauded for what you have accomplished."

Such a cool journey to watch God supply all my needs and to know that I was in the competition! Now I can add this Honorable Mention to my proposal, which can help catch the attention of other publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment