Friday, August 5, 2011

Encouargement for the Unknown

January 13, 2009
I had an amazing time on Sunday, and I think my experience may bless others who are struggling, afraid of the unknown.
In service, I was praying, and my thoughts turned to the next step after graduation. As of now, I have no idea where God is leading me. But as I stood there, I thought of that poem, or writing, about the footsteps in the sand and how God carries us through the difficult times.

Well, in my mind, I was on a beach with Jesus leading me by the hand. I couldn't see, but he told me to keep walking forward. I wanted to walk confidently, charging ahead in full faith. But I was timid. I began to cry, telling God that I wanted that kind of faith, but I was honestly scared. I wanted to fully trust Him without any doubt, and I was grieved to find that I wasn't in that place. I told God how much I love Him and because of that love I want to charge ahead.

But then, He said gently, "Would you be listening to My voice if you weren't scared?" I had never thought of it that way. He was right! If I was confidently striding through life, unafraid, I would be trusting my own judgment, oblivious. My ear would not be seeking His voice. Because I'm nervous about the unknown, I am leaning on Him for guidance. I think that's where He wants us to be in our walks. Loving Him enough to want to be lions in our faith, but being lambs, straining to hear their master's voice.







No comments:

Post a Comment